The VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects and Media Make-Up and Hair (QCF) is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical make-up artistry skills to an advanced level through a variety of techniques.
The purpose of this make-up qualification is to develop you as a professional make-up artist working with performers to a high level of occupational ability, to enable you to provide hair and make-up services in the media including television and film, theater, performing arts, fashion and photographic industries. It also provides a sound platform for further learning, as you have the potential to progress on to university degree specialisms.
The Course Content Includes:
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the industry.
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Apply airbrush make-up to the face
- Camouflage make-up
- Media make-up
- Fashion and photographic make-up
- Style and fit postiche
- Apply prosthetic pieces and bald caps - including wound work, burns, bruising and many more special effect make-up.
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- Style and dress hair using a variety of techniques.
On the course you will have to complete assignments, written exams, group work and final assessments. You will be provided with a kit and text book which is included in our price, as well as all the necessary revision material. On successful completion of the course you will gain a VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects and Media Make-up and Hair.
We offer flexible installment payments to suit personal needs.